In Storage For Over Eighteen Years
The City of San Francisco desires to use the space for other storage purposes and would like to see The Exposition Organ moved out as soon as possible.
This aspiration could compromise the instrument’s protection and security over time.
The instrument has been in storage for over eighteen years. It is time for its resurrection as a tourist attraction and for public use and enjoyment.
- Gerard Montana inspects fully restored wooden pipes in Brooks Hall.
- Organist Keenan Boswell with huge facade pipes (top ends). Pipes are cradled horizontally.
- View of dusty 32' foot long facade pipes (foot ends).
- Fully restored and stacked wooden organ pipes.
- Wide shot of Brooks Hall. 40-tons of Exposition Organ under plastic.